Language: French (Français)
Le trésor du verger et le jardin en fête,
Les fleurs des champs, des bois, éclatent de plaisir,
Hélas! hélas! Et sur leur tête le vent enfle sa voix.
Mais toi noble océan que l'assaut des tourmentes
Ne saurait ravager
Certes plus dignement, lorsque tu te lamentes,
Tu te prends à songer.
Translation(s): ENG ENG GER GER
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Lively air", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Lebhafte Weise", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Linda Godry) , title 1: "Lebhaftes Lied", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Linda Godry) , title 1: "Lively song", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2016-10-27 17:30:43
Line count: 7
Word count: 52
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: English after the French (Français)
What splendor, the blossoming fruit trees and the garden are in a festive mood,
The wild flowers, the woods, are rejoicing,
Beware! Beware! The wind's voice is already rising above their heads.
But you noble ocean, who by the onslaught of the gales
will hardly be touched
Certainly with more dignity, even if complaining,
You will withdraw in contemplation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from French (Français) to English copyright © 2008 by Linda Godry, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2008-02-25.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:37
Line count: 7
Word count: 59