Forest music: two part song
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Neue Gedichte, in Neuer Frühling, no. 8 FRE HUN
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Heike Beckmann, Louis Brandt, Christian Bruhn, Paul Geisler, Friedrich Wilhelm Kücken, Albert Levinsohn, Karl Heinrich Carsten Reinecke, Karl Gottlieb Reissiger, August Ferdinand Riccius, Elise Schmezer, Otto Tiehsen, Declan Townsend, Mario Van Overeem, Johann Vesque von Püttlingen. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), original text by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856) , no title, from Neue Gedichte, in Neuer Frühling, no. 8 FRE HUN ENG by Heike Beckmann, Louis Brandt, Christian Bruhn, Paul Geisler, Johann Vesque von Püttlingen, Friedrich Wilhelm Kücken, Albert Levinsohn, Mario Van Overeem, Karl Heinrich Carsten Reinecke, Karl Gottlieb Reissiger, August Ferdinand Riccius, Elise Schmezer, Otto Tiehsen, Declan Townsend.
- Also set in English, a translation by Hal Draper , title unknown FRE HUN by John Craig Cooper.
- Also set in Hungarian (Magyar), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , title unknown FRE ENG by Pongrác Kacsóh.
Text added to the website: 2008-04-11.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:40
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works