Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Neue Gedichte, in Neuer Frühling, no. 37 FRE ITA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Franz Wilhelm Abt, F. W. Behrends, Jan Bernard H. Bremer, Nicolae Bretan, Salomon Burckhardt, Robert Emmerich, Robert Franz, Gerald M. Ginsburg, Gustav Heinrich Graben-Hoffmann, Ludwig Hartmann, Gustav Hasse, Johann Herbeck, Ferdinand von Hiller, Friedrich Hinrichs, Franz von Holstein, Robert von Hornstein, Arno Kleffel, Erik Meyer-Helmund, C. F. Seidel, Adam Southall, Charles Villiers Stanford, Sir, Wolfgang Ulrich, Paul Umlauft, Mario Van Overeem, Johann Vesque von Püttlingen, Hermann Wichmann, Hugo Wolf, Hermann Wolff, A. F. Wustrow. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by J. Carpenter FRE ITA ; composed by Franz Wilhelm Abt.
- Also set in English, a translation by Edgar Alfred Bowring (1826 - 1911) , appears in The Poems of Heine Complete, first published 1861 FRE ITA ; composed by William Henry Berwald.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE ITA ; composed by Alfred Heller.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE ITA ; composed by Constantin Silvestri.
- Also set in English, a translation by Alma Strettell (1856 - 1939) , "Güldne Sternlein schauen nieder", appears in Poems Selected from Heinrich Heine, ed. by Kate Freiligrath Kroeker, London: Walter Scott, Limited, page 201, first published 1887 FRE ITA ; composed by George Frederick Boyle, Percy Victor Sharman.
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), a translation by Bernardino Zendrini (1839 - 1879) ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE ; composed by Guglielmo Andreoli.
- Also set in Romanian (Română), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE ITA ; composed by Nicolae Bretan.
Text added to the website: 2008-04-23 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:41
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works