Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo, et...
Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo, et mundabor:
lavabis me, et super nivem dealbador.
Miserere mei, Deus,
secundum magnam misericordiam tuam.
Translation(s): DUT FIN FRE GER
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Lau Kanen [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ludwig Senfl (c1490 - 1543), "Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo" [SATB chorus] [
text not verified ]
- by Anton von Webern (1883 - 1945), "Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo, et mundabor
", op. 16 no. 4 (1923-4), published 1928 [voice and clarinet], from Fünf Canons, no. 4. [
text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , title unknown, copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Besprenkel mij, Heer"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title unknown, copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:42
Line count: 4
Word count: 19
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works