Rote Abendwolken ziehn am Firmament
Language: German (Deutsch) after the Hungarian (Magyar)
Rote Abendwolken ziehn am Firmament,
Sehnsuchtsvoll nach dir,
Mein Lieb, das Herze brennt,
Himmel strahlt in glühnder Pracht,
Und ich träum bei Tag und Nacht
Nur allein von dem süßen Liebchen mein.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Rote Abendwolken ziehn am Firmament
", op. 103 no. 11 (1887/8), published 1888 [voice or SATB chorus and piano], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 11, Berlin, Simrock [
text verified 1 time]
- by Gunnar de Frumerie (1908 - 1987), "Rote Abendwolken", 1927 [voice and piano], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 8. [
text not verified ]
- by Hans Melcher Svensson (1882 - 1961), "Rote Abendwolken ziehn am Firmament
", 1910, orchestrated 1920 [voice and piano], from Acht Zigeunerlieder, no. 8. [
text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Leonard Lehrman) , title 1: "Rosy evening clouds hang in the firmament", copyright © 1996, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Le rosse nuvole della sera viaggiano in cielo", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:24
Line count: 6
Word count: 32
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Le rosse nuvole della sera viaggiano in cielo
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Le rosse nuvole della sera viaggiano in cielo,
Sono pieno di desiderio per te,
Amore mio, e il cuore mi brucia,
Irradia il cielo un ardente splendore
E io sogno di giorno e di notte
Del mio dolce tesoro soltanto.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2009 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Hugo Conrat (1845 - 1906) CAT DUT ENG FRE GER
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Johannes Brahms, Gunnar de Frumerie, Hans Melcher Svensson. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2009-02-23 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:08
Line count: 6
Word count: 40