Language: Japanese (日本語) after the English
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- a text in English by William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), no title, appears in Sonnets, no. 30 FRE ITA RUS
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Gary Bachlund, Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Leslie Crabtree, David Leo Diamond, Juliana Hall, Alan Hovhaness, Charles Hubert Hastings Parry, Sir, Richard Simpson. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Elliot Weisgarber (1919 - 2001), "Sonnet I", 1971 [soprano, flute, oboe, harpsichord, violin, viola, and violoncello], from Of Love and Time (Ren-ai To Toki Ni Tsuite), no. 1.
Settings in other languages:
- Also set in English, original text by William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616) , no title, from Sonnets, no. 30 RUS ITA FRE JPN by Leslie Crabtree, David Leo Diamond, Charles Hubert Hastings Parry, Sir, Gary Bachlund, Richard Simpson, Alan Hovhaness, Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Juliana Hall.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Samuil Yakovlevich Marschak (1887 - 1964) , title 1: "Сонет XXX" ITA FRE JPN by Dmitry Borisovich Kabalevsky.
Text added to the website: 2009-09-16.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:22
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works