Der er en trolddom på din læbe
Language: Danish (Dansk)
Der er en trolddom på din læbe,
Der er en afgrund i dit blik,
Der er i lyden af din stemme
En drøms ætheriske musik.
Der er en klarhed på din pande,
Der er et mørke i dit hår,
Der er en strøm af blomsterånde
Omkring dig hvor du står og går.
Der er en skat af evig visdom
I smilehullet på din kind,
Der er en brønd, en sundhedskilde
For alle hjerter i dit sind.
Der er en verden i dit indre
En sværmerisk, kaotisk vår,
Som jeg umulig kan forglemme,
Som jeg tilbeder og forstår.
Translation(s): ENG GER
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG by Peter Arnold Heise.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Poul Einer Hansen) , "There is a spell on your lips", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:00:32
Line count: 16
Word count: 97
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
There is a spell on your lips
Language: English after the Danish (Dansk)
There is a spell on your lips,
There is an abyss in your sight,
There is in the sound of your voice
The ethereal music of a dream.
There is a serenity on your forehead,
There is a darkness in your hair,
There is a stream of flowery breath
Around you, wherever you stand and walk.
There is a treasure of eternal wisdom
In the dimple on your cheek,
There is a well, a fountain of health
In your mind, for every heart.
There is a world inside you,
A romantic, chaotic springtime,
That I could not possibly forget,
That I adore and understand.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Danish (Dansk) to English copyright © 2010 by Poul Einer Hansen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in Danish (Dansk) by Emil Aarestrup (1800 - 1856), "Der er en trolddom" GER
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Emil Hartmann, Peter Arnold Heise. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2010-01-26.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:32
Line count: 16
Word count: 104