In der Ferne
Language: German (Deutsch)
Wehe dem Fliehenden
Welt hinaus ziehenden! -
Folget kein Segen, ach!
Auf ihren Wegen nach!
Herze, das sehnende,
Auge, das thränende,
Sehnsucht, nie endende,
Heimwärts sich wendende!
Busen, der wallende,
Lüfte, Ihr säuselnden,
Wellen sanft kräuselnden,
Die mir mit Schmerze, ach!
Dies treue Herze brach, -
Grüßt von [dem]1 Fliehenden,
Welt hinaus ziehenden!
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FIN FRE ITA KOR NOR SPA
List of language codes
View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Gedichte von Ludwig Rellstab. Erstes Bändchen. Berlin, bei Friedrich Laue. 1827, pages 118-119.
1 Schubert (erroneously in autograph and first edition): "der"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator] and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "A la llunyania", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "In den vreemde", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Knut W. Barde) , "From afar", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , "Kaukana", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Au loin", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , "Lontano", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- KOR Korean (한국어/조선말) [singable] (곽명규 Myung-Kew Kwack) , "먼 곳에서", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- NOR Norwegian (Bokmål) (Marianne Beate Kielland) , "I det fjerne", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Saúl Botero Restrepo) , "En la lejanía", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-11-08 04:12:18
Line count: 24
Word count: 71
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Korean (한국어/조선말) after the German (Deutsch)
친구도 다 떠난
축복도 없는, 아!
저 혼자 가는 길!
두 눈은 젖는데
바람 스친 곳엔
괴로움 준 이여!
내 맘 부서졌네.
내 소식 들으련,
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Korean (한국어/조선말) copyright © 2011 by 곽명규 Myung-Kew Kwack, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
곽명규 Myung-Kew Kwack. Contact:
<autumnguy (AT) gmail (DOT) com>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2011-03-29.
Last modified: 2014-08-12 12:52:55
Line count: 24
Word count: 57