Language: German (Deutsch) after the English
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- a text in English by William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), no title, appears in As You Like It, Act II, Scene 7 FIN FRE ITA ITA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Thomas Augustine Arne, Joseph W. Baber, Frank Bridge, Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Andrea Clearfield, Louis Crerar, Emma Lou Diemer, Madeleine Dring, William Arms Fisher, Wolfgang Fortner, Steven R. Gerber, Juliana Hall, Derek Holman, Mervyn, Lord Horder, the Second Baron of Ashford, Sven Eric Emanuel Johanson, Erich Wolfgang Korngold, Charles Hubert Hastings Parry, Sir, Roger Quilter, John Rutter, CBE, Andrew Schneider, David Sisco, Douglas Steele, Michael John Trotta. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Jules Ruelle (1834 - 1892) FIN GER GER ITA ITA ; composed by Akhilles Nikolayevich Alferaki.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by August Wilhelm Schlegel (1767 - 1845) FIN FRE ITA ITA ; composed by Harald Genzmer, Robert von Hornstein, Wilhelm Killmayer, Otto Ehrenfried Nicolai, Roger Quilter, Moritz Weyermann.
- Also set in Swedish (Svenska), a translation by Carl August Hagberg (1810 - 1864) FIN FRE GER GER ITA ITA ; composed by Wilhelm Eugen Stenhammar.
Text added to the website: 2011-06-26 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:26
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works