Language: Norwegian (Bokmål) after the French (Français)
Rosen var altfor röd
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- a text in French (Français) by Paul Verlaine (1844 - 1896), "Spleen", appears in Romances sans paroles, in Aquarelles, no. 2 ENG ENG GER GER SRB
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Joseph Béesau, Jean-Robert Blanc, Charles Bordes, Alphonse-Eugène-Marie Catherine, Claude Achille Debussy, Fidès Devriès, Bernard van Dieren, Madeleine Dubois, Marius-François Gaillard, Roger-Élie Jalowicz, Paul Ladmirault, Sylvio Lazzari, Robert Legrand, Madeleine Lemariey, René-Jean Matter, Marius Mille, Jean-Frédéric Perrenoud, Albert Phaneuf, as Maurice Dela, Auguste Pierret, Irena Regina Poldowski, Joseph Ryelandt, Henry Sauveplane, Louis Schopfer, Jerzy Sokorski, Jean.-P. Strauwen, Louis Vierne. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johan Selmer (1844 - 1910), "Uden dig", op. 51 (Fire Sange f. 1 Mellemst. (m. Klav.)) no. 3, published 1909 [voice and piano], incorrectly labelled as op. 57; German title: "Ohne dich"; Christiania [Oslo] : Brødene Hals
Settings in other languages:
- Also set in French (Français), original text by Paul Verlaine (1844 - 1896) , title 1: "Spleen", from Romances sans paroles, in Aquarelles, no. 2 ENG ITA GER NOR SRB by Charles Bordes, Claude Achille Debussy, Albert Phaneuf, Bernard van Dieren, Irena Regina Poldowski, Louis Vierne, Joseph Ryelandt, Alphonse-Eugène-Marie Catherine, Louis Schopfer, Sylvio Lazzari, Auguste Pierret, Paul Ladmirault, Fidès Devriès, Madeleine Lemariey, Madeleine Dubois, Marius-François Gaillard, Joseph Béesau, Henry Sauveplane, Roger-Élie Jalowicz, Marius Mille, Jean-Robert Blanc, Jean.-P. Strauwen, Robert Legrand, René-Jean Matter, Jerzy Sokorski, Jean-Frédéric Perrenoud.
- Also set in English, a translation by Ernest Dowson (1867 - 1900) , no title, from Decorations, in After Paul Verlaine, no. 3, published 1899 ITA GER NOR SRB by John Ireland.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Stefan George (1868 - 1933) , title 1: "Spleen", from Zeitgenössische Dichter, in Frankreich, in Paul Verlaine, in Aus: Lieder ohne Worte ENG ITA NOR SRB by Winfried Zillig.
- Also set in Serbian (Српски), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , title unknown ENG ITA GER NOR by Anton Lajovic.
Text added to the website: 2012-02-05.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:46
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works