Language: Serbian (Српски) after the French (Français)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in French (Français) by Paul Verlaine (1844 - 1896), "Spleen", appears in Romances sans paroles, in Aquarelles, no. 2 ENG ENG GER GER NOR
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Joseph Béesau, Jean-Robert Blanc, Charles Bordes, Alphonse-Eugène-Marie Catherine, Claude Achille Debussy, Fidès Devriès, Bernard van Dieren, Madeleine Dubois, Marius-François Gaillard, Roger-Élie Jalowicz, Paul Ladmirault, Sylvio Lazzari, Robert Legrand, Madeleine Lemariey, René-Jean Matter, Marius Mille, Jean-Frédéric Perrenoud, Albert Phaneuf, as Maurice Dela, Auguste Pierret, Irena Regina Poldowski, Joseph Ryelandt, Henry Sauveplane, Louis Schopfer, Jerzy Sokorski, Jean.-P. Strauwen, Louis Vierne. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages:
- Also set in French (Français), original text by Paul Verlaine (1844 - 1896) , title 1: "Spleen", from Romances sans paroles, in Aquarelles, no. 2 ENG ITA GER NOR SRB by Charles Bordes, Claude Achille Debussy, Albert Phaneuf, Bernard van Dieren, Irena Regina Poldowski, Louis Vierne, Joseph Ryelandt, Alphonse-Eugène-Marie Catherine, Louis Schopfer, Sylvio Lazzari, Auguste Pierret, Paul Ladmirault, Fidès Devriès, Madeleine Lemariey, Madeleine Dubois, Marius-François Gaillard, Joseph Béesau, Henry Sauveplane, Roger-Élie Jalowicz, Marius Mille, Jean-Robert Blanc, Jean.-P. Strauwen, Robert Legrand, René-Jean Matter, Jerzy Sokorski, Jean-Frédéric Perrenoud.
- Also set in English, a translation by Ernest Dowson (1867 - 1900) , no title, from Decorations, in After Paul Verlaine, no. 3, published 1899 ITA GER NOR SRB by John Ireland.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Stefan George (1868 - 1933) , title 1: "Spleen", from Zeitgenössische Dichter, in Frankreich, in Paul Verlaine, in Aus: Lieder ohne Worte ENG ITA NOR SRB by Winfried Zillig.
- Also set in Norwegian (Bokmål), a translation by Andreas Grimelund Jynge (1870 - 1955) , title unknown ENG ITA GER SRB by Johan Selmer.
Text added to the website: 2012-02-05.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:46
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works