Er liegt und schläft an meinem Herzen
Language: German (Deutsch)
Er liegt und schläft an meinem Herzen,
Mein guter [Schutzgeist]1 sang ihn ein;
Und ich kann frölich seyn und scherzen,
Kann jeder Blum' und jedes Blatts mich freun.
[Nachtigall,]2 Nachtigall, ach!
Sing mir den Amor nicht wach!
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG ENG FRE ITA TUR
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with ASMUS omnia sua SECUM portans, oder Sämmtliche Werke des Wandsbecker Bothen, I. und II. Theil. Beym Verfasser, und in Commißion bey Fr. Perthes in Hamburg. , page 56; and with Musenalmanach MDCCLXXII. Göttingen bey J.C.Dieterich, page 21.
First published in Der Wandsbecker Bothe. Ao. 1771. No. 70. Mittwochs, den 1sten May.
1 Claudius (Wandsbecker Bote; Musenalmanach): "Engel"
2 Schubert: "Nachtigall, ach!"
Submitted by Richard Morris and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Aan de nachtegaal", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "He lies sleeping by my heart", copyright ©
- ENG English [singable] (Shula Keller) , "To the nightingale", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Au rossignol", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Mi giace, dormendo, sul cuore", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- TUR Turkish (Türkçe) (Gül Sabar) , "Bülbüle", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2018-02-15 04:17:19
Line count: 6
Word count: 37
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Turkish (Türkçe) after the German (Deutsch)
O kalbimde yatıp uyuyor,
Benim iyi koruyucu ruhum ona ninni söyledi.
Artık ben neşeli olabilir, şakalar yapabilirim,
Her çiçek ve her yaprak beni sevindirebilir.
Bülbül, ah, bülbül,ah.
Şarkı söyleyip aşk ilahımı uyandırma!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Turkish (Türkçe) copyright © 2012 by Gül Sabar, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Matthias Claudius (1740 - 1815), "An die Nachtigall", first published 1771 CAT DUT ENG ENG FRE ITA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Gary Bachlund, Johann Friedrich Reichardt, Franz Peter Schubert. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2013-01-01.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:07
Line count: 6
Word count: 32