De los álamos vengo, madre
Language: Spanish (Español)
De los álamos vengo, madre,
de ver cómo los menea el aire.
De los álamos de Sevilla,
de ver a mi linda amiga,
Translation(s): ENG ENG FRE GER
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English [singable] (Steuart Allin) , title 1: "I have been by the poplars, mother", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Je viens des peupliers, mère", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Von den Pappeln komm’ ich, Mutter", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Michael P. Rosewall) , title 1: "From the poplars have I come, mother", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:19
Line count: 4
Word count: 23
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Je viens des peupliers, mère
Language: French (Français) after the Spanish (Español)
Je viens des peupliers, mère,
Où je les ai vus se balancer
Je viens des peupliers de Séville,
Où j'ai vue ma tendre bien-aimée.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to French (Français) copyright © 2012 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2013-01-10.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:07
Line count: 4
Word count: 24