I have lived and loved
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Friedrich von Schiller (1759 - 1805), "Des Mädchens Klage", written 1798, first published 1799 CAT DAN DUT FRE RUS FRE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Armand Angyal, Carl Arnold, Ludwig Berger, Carl Czerny, Carl Feininger, Iver Holter, Adolf Jensen, Bernhard Klein, Nikolaus, Freiherr von Krufft, Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Fanny Mendelssohn-Hensel, Heinrich Meyer, Benedikt Randhartinger, Karl Gottlieb Reissiger, Joseph Rheinberger, Franz Peter Schubert, Johann Xaver Sterkel, Maude Valérie White, Hermann Wichmann, Johann Rudolf Zumsteeg. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), original text by Friedrich von Schiller (1759 - 1805) , title 1: "Des Mädchens Klage" DUT RUS ENG DAN FRE ENG by Fanny Mendelssohn-Hensel, Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Nikolaus, Freiherr von Krufft, Franz Peter Schubert, Franz Peter Schubert, Franz Peter Schubert, Johann Rudolf Zumsteeg, Bernhard Klein, Joseph Rheinberger, Carl Arnold, Heinrich Meyer, Karl Gottlieb Reissiger, Benedikt Randhartinger, Carl Czerny, Ludwig Berger, Adolf Jensen, Carl Feininger, Hermann Wichmann, Maude Valérie White, Armand Angyal.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Vasily Andreyevich Zhukovsky (1783 - 1852) , title 1: "Тоска по милом", 1807 [an adaptation] DUT ENG DAN FRE ENG by Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Aliabev, Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka, Aleksei Nikolayevich Verstovsky, Mikhail Yur'yevich Viel'gorsky, A. A. Pleshcheyev, Zinaida Aleksandrovna Volkonskaya.
- Also set in Danish (Dansk), a translation by Adam Gottlob Oehlenschläger (1779 - 1850) , title unknown [an adaptation] DUT RUS ENG FRE ENG by Christopher Ernst Friedrich Weyse.
Text added to the website: 2013-07-12.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:16
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works