Author: William Stanley Merwin (b. 1927)
Texts set to music as art song or choral works [warning - not necessarily comprehensive]
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- A contemporary (What if I came down now out of these) - Ricky Ian Gordon *
- I wake in the dark and remember * (Rain Travel)
- I wake in the dark and remember * - Ed Windels (Rain Travel)
- Native trees () (from The Rain in the Trees) - Tobias Picker [x] *
- Rain Travel (I wake in the dark and remember) *
- Rain Travel (I wake in the dark and remember) - Ed Windels *
- Song of the barren orange tree () - Alvin Brehm FRE [x] *
- The distances () - Michael Sidney Timpson [x] *
- The little boy was looking for his voice FRE FRE [x] * - Alvin Brehm (The little mute boy)
- The little mute boy (The little boy was looking for his voice) - Alvin Brehm FRE FRE [x] *
- The room () - Michael Sidney Timpson [x] *
- To the insects () (from The Rain in the Trees) - Tobias Picker [x] *
- What if I came down now out of these * - Ricky Ian Gordon (A contemporary)
Last update: 2020-12-17 14:20:35