Author: Michael Desmond Ryan (1893 - 1964)
Texts set to music as art song or choral works [warning - not necessarily comprehensive]
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- In the Heav'n where stars are shining (In the Heav'n where stars are shining) - Hermine Rudersdorff [possibly misattributed] FRE [x]
- In the Heav'n where stars are shining [possibly misattributed] FRE [x] - Hermine Rudersdorff (In the Heav'n where stars are shining)
- Love smiles but to deceive ('Tis gone, the past was all a dream) - Michael William Balfe
- The beauty of Israel is slain upon high - Edward James Loder (The lamentation)
- The lamentation (The beauty of Israel is slain upon high) - Edward James Loder
- 'Tis gone, the past was all a dream - Michael William Balfe (Love smiles but to deceive)
Last update: 2018-01-21 18:27:00