Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Na tarde lenta, na tarde fria Canta a fonte a canção sombria Canta a fonte na tarde fria. Na tarde lenta que o sol esquenta Canta a fonte que dessedenta Canta a fonte na tarde lenta. Samaritana da floresta.
- by Oscar Lorenzo Fernândez (1897 - 1948), "Samaritana da floresta" [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Oscar Lorenzo Fernândez (1897 - 1948), "Samaritana da floresta", 1936, published 1945 [voice and piano], São Paulo: Irmãos Vitale [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Garrett Medlock) , "Samaritan of the forest", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2010-06-27
Line count: 7
Word count: 39
In the slow afternoon, in the cold afternoon Sings the fountain a somber song, Sings the fountain in the cold afternoon. In the slow afternoon which the sun warms Sings the fountain which quenches thirst, Sings the fountain in the slow afternoon. Samaritan of the forest.
- Translation from Portuguese (Português) to English copyright © 2018 by Garrett Medlock, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Portuguese (Português) by Oscar Lorenzo Fernândez (1897 - 1948), "Samaritana da floresta"
This text was added to the website: 2018-12-13
Line count: 7
Word count: 46