"Good-bye in fear, good-bye in sorrow, Good-bye, and all in vain, Never to meet again, my dear" - "Never to part again." "Good-bye today, good-bye tomorrow, Good-bye till earth shall wane, Never to meet again, my dear" - "Never to part again."
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Christina Georgina Rossetti (1830 - 1894), no title, appears in Sing-song: a nursery rhyme book, first published 1872 [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Jean Berger, né Arthur Schloßberg (1909 - 2002), "Good-bye", published 1976. [SATB chorus a cappella] [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Ossip (or Iosef) Salomonovich Gabrilovich (1878 - 1936), "Good-Bye", op. 2 no. 1. [voice, piano] [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by John (Nicholson) Ireland (1879 - 1962), "Death-parting", 1918, published 1919 [medium voice, piano], from Mother and Child, no. 7. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Horatio William Parker (1863 - 1919), "Good-bye", published 1904 [medium voice and piano], from Four Songs [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Researcher for this text: Ted Perry
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 42