Hey, Robin, jolly Robin, Tell me how thy lady does. My lady is unkind, perdy. Hey, Robin, jolly Robin, Tell me why is she so? She loves another, another.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), no title, appears in Twelfth Night: or, What You Will, Act IV, Scene 2 [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Erich Wolfgang Korngold (1897 - 1957), "Hey, Robin", op. 29 no. 4, published 1937 [voice and piano], from Songs of the Clown, no. 4. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Paavo Cajander)
- FRE French (Français) (François-Victor Hugo)
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Hei, Kehlchen", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 6
Word count: 29