Vos me matásteis, niña en cabello, vos me habéis muerto. Riberas de un río ví moza [vírgen]1, Niña en cabello, vos me matásteis, Niña en cabello, vos me habéis muerto.
1 Vasquez: "virgo"
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Joaquín Rodrigo Vidre (1901 - 1999), "Vos me matásteis", 1948 [voice and piano or orchestra], from Cuatro madrigales amatorios, no. 2. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Juan Vásquez (c1510 - c1560), "Vos me matásteis" [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English [singable] (Steuart Allin) , "You have destroyed me", copyright ©
- ENG English (Michael P. Rosewall) , "You have slain me", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Vous m'avez détruit", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Du hast mich umgebracht", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 9
Word count: 30