Stode du i kylig blåst . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in Scottish (Scots) by Robert Burns (1759 - 1796), "Oh wert thou in the cauld blast"
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Hugo Alfvén (1872 - 1960), "Stode du i kylig blåst", op. 6, published 1899
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Ferdinand Freiligrath (1810 - 1876) , no title, appears in Gedichte, in Robert Burns. Elf Lieder [later 13 Lieder], no. 3 ; composed by Robert Franz, Adolf Jensen, Carl Kloberg, Heinrich August Marschner, Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Felix von Woyrsch.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by (Johann) Philipp Kaufmann (1802 - 1846) ; composed by Wilhelm Eckardt.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Wilhelm Christoph Leonhard Gerhard (1780 - 1858) ; composed by Moritz Hauptmann.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Heinrich Leuthold (1827 - 1879) , "O wenn um dich auf kahler Haid" ; composed by Wilhelm Reinhard Berger, Wilhelm Sturm.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Samuil Yakovlevich Marschak (1887 - 1964) ; composed by Tikhon Nikolayevich Khrennikov, Dmitri Dmitriyevich Shostakovich, Georgiy Vasil'yevich Sviridov.
This page was added to the website: 2004-05-15