Wenn die Reben wieder blühen
Language: German (Deutsch)
Wenn die Reben wieder blühen,
Rühret sich der Wein im Fasse,
Wenn die Rosen wieder glühen,
Weiß ich nicht, wie mir geschieht.
Tränen rinnen von den Wangen,
Was ich tue, was ich lasse,
Nur ein unbestimmt Verlangen
Fühl ich, das die Brust durchglüht.
Und zuletzt muß ich mir sagen,
Wenn ich mich bedenk und fasse,
Daß in solchen schönen Tagen
Doris einst für mich geglüht.
Translation(s): ENG FRE
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by (Johann Gottfried) Heinrich Bellermann (1832 - 1903), "Nachgefühl", op. 5 (6 Lieder) no. 2, published 1861 [voice and piano], Berlin, Bahn [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Moritz, Graf von Dietrichstein (1775 - 1864), "Nachgefühl", c1813/4. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Christian Wilhelm Heydenreich , "Nachgefühl" [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Johanna Kinkel, née Mockel (1810 - 1858), "Nachgefühl", op. 10 (Sechs Lieder) no. ?, published 1839. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Arnold Mendelssohn (1855 - 1933), "Nachgefühl", published 1910. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Elise Müller (b. 1782), "Nachgefühl", published [c1819/20] [voice and piano], from Sechs Gesänge mit Begleitung des Pianoforte, no. 2, Leipzig: Bei Friedr. Hofmeister [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Friedrich August Naubert (1839 - 1897), "Nachgefühl", op. 5 (Neun Lieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 8, published 1877 [voice and piano], Weimar, Kühn [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Johann Friedrich Reichardt (1752 - 1814), "Nachgefühl", published 1809. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Louis [Ludwig] Spohr (1784 - 1859), "Nachgefühl", WoO. 91 (1819). [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Václav Jan Křtitel Tomášek (1774 - 1850), "Nachgefühl", op. 53 (Gedichte von Goethe: I) no. 4 (1815?) [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Karl Friedrich Zelter (1758 - 1832), "Nachgefühl", 1798. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Johann Rudolf Zumsteeg (1760 - 1802), "Erinnerung", published 1805, from Kleine Balladen und Lieder, Heft VII, no. 6. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Anja Bunzel) , "Emotional retrospect", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Réminiscence", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:30
Line count: 12
Word count: 65
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
When the grapes are in blossom,
The wine is being stirred in the barrel,
When the roses are in blossom,
Then I do not know what is happening to me.
Tears run down my cheeks,
No matter what I do,
I only feel an unknown desire
Straight from my heart.
Finally, when I take a moment to think,
I do remember that
On such lovely days,
Doris used to show me her love.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2014 by Anja Bunzel, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832), "Nachgefühl", written 1797 FRE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Heinrich Bellermann, Moritz, Graf von Dietrichstein, Christian Wilhelm Heydenreich, Johanna Kinkel, née Mockel, Arnold Mendelssohn, Elise Müller, Friedrich August Naubert, Johann Friedrich Reichardt, Louis [Ludwig] Spohr, Václav Jan Křtitel Tomášek, Karl Friedrich Zelter, Johann Rudolf Zumsteeg. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2014-07-24 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-07-24 14:45:00
Line count: 12
Word count: 73