T'intendo, sì, mio cor
Language: Italian (Italiano)
T'intendo, sì, mio cor,
Con tanto palpitar!
So che ti vuoi lagnar,
Che amante sei.
Ah! taci il tuo dolor,
Ah! soffri il tuo martir
Tacilo, tacilo e non tradir
L'affetti miei, l'affetti1 miei!
Translation(s): ENG ENG ENG FRE GER GER SPA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View original text (without footnotes)
1 sometimes "gli affetti"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827), "T'intendo, sì", op. 82 (Vier Arietten und ein Duett) no. 2 (1810), also set in German (Deutsch) [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Gaetano Donizetti (1797 - 1848), "La voce del core" [duet] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Vincenzo Righini (1756 - 1812), "T'intendo sì, mio cor", op. 7 no. 11, from Dodici Ariette, no. 11. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE SPA by Ludwig van Beethoven.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Linda Godry) , "I hear you , oh my heart", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Uri Liebrecht) , "I hear you well, my heart", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "I hear you, yes, my heart", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Linda Godry) , "Ich verstehe/höre dich mein Herz", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Juan Henríquez Concepción) , "Te entiendo, si, corazón mío", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2015-12-26 15:10:54
Line count: 8
Word count: 34
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works