My spirit's long‑pent anguish
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
My spirit's long-pent anguish
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Lyrisches Intermezzo, no. 36 CAT FRE FRE GER ITA RUS
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Ernst Bacon, L. Biziste, János Bókay, Karl Borchers, Danilewska, Don Forsythe, Robert Franz, Gerald M. Ginsburg, Olivier Greif, Ernst Grenzebach, Robert Hermann, Hedwig Hertz, Caspar René Hirschfeld, Ludo A. Kaiser, Henning Karl Adam von Koss, Paul Kuczynski, Franz Paul Lachner, Tilo Medek, Ernest Nikolayevich Merten, Franz Mohaupt, E. Näscher, Thomas Nyàry, Hendrik Christian van Oort, Martin Plüddemann, A. Presting, Alexander Salomonovich Rasmadse, Franz Freiherr von Romaszkan, Scott Root, Erich Schröder, Wolfgang Ulrich, Severin Warteresiewicz, Hugo Wolf, Gerhard Wolff, Sergey Vladimirovich Yuferov. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Frederic Field Bullard CAT FRE FRE GER ITA RUS ; composed by Joseph Kaufer.
- Also set in English, a translation by Louis Napoleon Parker (b. 1852) CAT FRE FRE GER ITA RUS ; composed by Louis Napoleon Parker.
- Also set in English, a translation by Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806 - 1861) , no title, appears in Last Poems, in Paraphrases on Heine, no. 1 CAT FRE FRE GER ITA RUS ; composed by Clara Kathleen Rogers.
- Also set in Hebrew (עברית), a translation by Shlomo Tanny CAT ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE GER ITA RUS ; composed by Shimon Cohen.
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), a translation by Bernardino Zendrini (1839 - 1879) CAT ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE GER RUS ; composed by Luigi Ferrari Trecate.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Apollon Nikolayevich Maykov (1821 - 1897) CAT ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE GER ITA ; composed by César Antonovich Cui.
- Also set in Ukrainian (Українська), a translation by Maksim Antonivich Slavinsky (1868? - 1945?) CAT ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE GER ITA RUS ; composed by Mykola Vitaliyovych Lysenko.
Text added to the website: 2007-12-17 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:57
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works