Language: French (Français)
Par les soirs bleus d'été, j'irai dans les sentiers,
Picoté par les blés, fouler l'herbe menue :
Réveur, j'en sentirai la fraîcheur mes pieds.
Je laisserai le vent baigner ma tète nue !
Je ne parlerai pas, je ne penserai rien :
Mais l'amour infïni me montera dans l'âme,
Et j'irai loin, bien loin, comme un bohémien
Par la Nature, -- heureux comme avec une femme.
Translation(s): CZE ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by John Versmoren
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Hendrik Andriessen (1892 - 1981), "Sensation", 1935 [voice and piano or orchestra], from Trois pastorales, no. 3, Utrecht (Hollande), Éd. J.R. Van Rossum [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Jean-Guy Bailly (1925 - 2009), "Sensation", 1987 [baritone and piano], from Trois poèmes d'Arthur Rimbaud, no. 1. [ sung text not verified ]
- by Michel Bosc (b. 1963), "Sensation", op. 188 (2004). [medium voice and piano] [ sung text not verified ]
- by Edgar Cosma (1925 - 2006), "Sensation", copyright © 1985 [SATB chorus a cappella], from Chansons en zigzag, no. 4, Lyon, À cœur joie [ sung text not verified ]
- by Bruno Gousset (b. 1958), "Sensation", op. 9 no. 2 (1981) [low voice and piano], from Trois Mélodies, no. 2. [ sung text not verified ]
- by Eugène Guillaume (1882 - 1953), "Sensation", published 1921 [medium voice and piano], from Quatre Mélodies, no. 2, Éditions littéraires et musicales A. Z. Mathot [ sung text not verified ]
- by Hans Krása (1899 - 1944), "Sensation", 1943 [baritone, clarinet, viola, and violoncello], from 3 Lieder, no. 2, also set in Czech (Čeština) [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Dinu Lipatti (1917 - 1950), "Sensation" [ sung text not verified ]
- by Guillemette Marrannes (b. 1954), "Sensation", 1999 [medium voice and piano], from Sensation, no. 2. [ sung text not verified ]
- by Jean-Louis Petit (b. 1937), "Sensation", 1997 [high voice and piano], from Livre de poésies, no. 5. [ sung text not verified ]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Czech (Čeština), a translation by Vítězslav Nezval (1900 - 1958) ITA by Hans Krása.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Sensazione", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-01-07 19:28:46
Line count: 8
Word count: 65
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the French (Français)
Sere azzurre d'estate. Me ne andrò per sentieri,
Tra le spighe che pungono, sopra l'erba minuta:
Ne avvertirò, sognante, la frescura ai miei piedi
E lascerò che il vento bagni la mia testa nuda.
Io non dirò parola, io non avrò un pensiero,
Ma l'animo mi colmerà un amore infinito,
Assai lontano andrò per la Natura, vagabondo boemo,
come con una donna mi sentirò appagato.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from French (Français) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2007 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in French (Français) by (Jean Nicholas) Arthur Rimbaud (1854 - 1891), "Sensation", written 1870, appears in Poésies, Paris, Éd. du Mercure de France, first published 1929 CZE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Hendrik Andriessen, Jean-Guy Bailly, Michel Bosc, Edgar Cosma, Bruno Gousset, Eugène Guillaume, Hans Krása, Dinu Lipatti, Guillemette Marrannes, Jean-Louis Petit. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2007-11-26.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:31
Line count: 8
Word count: 65