The falling star
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author,
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Lyrisches Intermezzo, no. 59 DUT FRE FRE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Fritz Arlberg, Nikolai Vasil'yevich Artsybushev, Laura Valborg Aulin, Agathe Ursula Backer-Grøndahl, Carl Banck, Hendrik Joseph van Berckel, Constanz Berneker, Anna Bochkoltz-Falconi, Rudolf Böhmer, Heinrich Böie, Christian Bruhn, Carl Debrois van Bruyck , Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Pierre Chépélov, Wilhelm Claussen, Detlef Cordes, César Antonovich Cui, Bernard van Dieren, Alexander Julius Paul Dorn, W. Dost, Karl Anton Florian Eckert, Zdenko Antonín Václav Fibich, Don Forsythe, Robert Franz, Friedrich Theodor Fröhlich, Paul Geisler, Hermann Genss, Friedrich Gernsheim, Christian Friedrich Grimmer, Friedrich Wilhelm Grund, Ferdinand Gumbert, J. von Harder, Ludwig Hartmann, Moritz Hauptmann, Karl Heine, Wilhelm Heinefetter, Wilhelm Killmayer, Fr. Fr. G. Kirchhof, Friedrich [Fritz] Kirchner, Conradin Kreutzer, Adolf, Baron von Lauer, J. Leavitt, Leopold Lenz, Georg Lothar Liebling, August Lindner, L. Lüdecke, Carl von Mayer, Harry Mayer, Ludwig Siegfried Meinardus, Fanny Mendelssohn-Hensel, Ch. Merten, Béla Nemes Hegyi, Fabio Nieder, Hans Erich Pfitzner, Carl Polko, Helene von Pusch, Georg Wilhelm Rauchenecker, Joseph Rheinberger, Heinrich Rietsch, Wilhelm Rosenberg, Robert Ruschke, L. Sadler, Filip von Schantz, C. von Sidorovich, Wilhelm Speidel, Eugen von Taund, Franz Tiebach, Friedrich Hieronymus Truhn, Johann Vesque von Püttlingen, Willy Viol, Julie von Waldburg-Wurzach, Fürstin, Jean Wall, C. F. Zietzschmann. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Finnish (Suomi), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , DUT ENG FRE FRE ; composed by Väinö Raitio.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , DUT ENG ; composed by Joseph Mertens.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist DUT ENG ; composed by Caroline Unger-Sabatier.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Vil'gelm Veniaminovich Levik (1907 - 1982) , DUT ENG FRE FRE ; composed by Rostislav Grigor'yevich Boyko.
Text added to the website: 2008-01-25 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:35
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works