Hur skönt är på jord
Language: Swedish (Svenska) after the German (Deutsch)
Hur skönt är på jord
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- Singable translation by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Lyrisches Intermezzo, no. 31 CZE ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Gary Bachlund, Wilhelm Czerwinski, Johann Wolfgang von Ehrenstein, Carl Ludwig Fischer, Josef Bohuslav Foerster, Don Forsythe, Friedrich Wilhelm Grund, Hedwig Hertz, Charles Edward Horsley, John [Jacques] Jacobsson, Marie L. Shedlock, János Végh, as Johann Végh. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Czech (Čeština), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE ; composed by Josef Bohuslav Foerster.
- Also set in English, a translation by James Thomson (1834 - 1882) , appears in The poetical works, first published 1895 CZE FRE FRE ; composed by John Joseph Becker.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CZE FRE FRE ; composed by Nancy Hayes Van de Vate.
- Also set in English, a translation by Elizabeth Henrietta Keeling (d. 1935) CZE FRE FRE ; composed by Marie L. Shedlock.
Text added to the website: 2008-02-21 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:37
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works