Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Lyrisches Intermezzo, no. 31 CZE FRE FRE SWE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Gary Bachlund, Wilhelm Czerwinski, Johann Wolfgang von Ehrenstein, Carl Ludwig Fischer, Josef Bohuslav Foerster, Don Forsythe, Friedrich Wilhelm Grund, Hedwig Hertz, Charles Edward Horsley, John [Jacques] Jacobsson, Marie L. Shedlock, János Végh, as Johann Végh. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Czech (Čeština), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG ENG FRE FRE ENG ENG SWE by Josef Bohuslav Foerster.
- Also set in English, a translation by James Thomson (1834 - 1882) , appears in The poetical works, first published 1895 CZE FRE FRE SWE by John Joseph Becker.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CZE FRE FRE SWE by Nancy Hayes Van de Vate.
- Also set in Swedish (Svenska), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CZE ENG ENG FRE FRE ENG ENG by John [Jacques] Jacobsson.
Text added to the website: 2008-02-21.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:37
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works