Wie traulich war das Fleckchen
Language: German (Deutsch)
Wie traulich war das Fleckchen,
Wo meine Wiege ging,
Kein Bäumchen war, kein Heckchen,
Das nicht voll Träume hing.
Wo nur ein Blümchen blühte,
Da blühten gleich sie mit,
Und alles sang und glühte
Mir zu bei jedem Schritt.
Ich wäre nicht gegangen,
Nicht für die ganze Welt! -
Mein Sehnen, mein Verlangen,
Hier ruht's in Wald und Feld.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Heimweh I", op. 63 (Neun Lieder und Gesänge) no. 7 (1874), published 1875 [voice and piano], Leipzig, Peters [
text verified 1 time]
- by Hans Harthan (1855 - 1936), "Heimath", op. 56 (Vier Lieder für 1 mittlere Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 1, published 1894 [medium voice and piano], Dresden, Wolff [
text not verified ]
- by Aug. Nimphius , "Heimweh", published 1900 [voice and piano], from Fünf Lieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianoforte, no. 4, Münster, Tormann [
text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Homesickness I", copyright ©
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , title 1: "Nostalgia", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Mal du pays I", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Heimwee I", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:31
Line count: 12
Word count: 59
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Com'era piacevole l'angolino
dove dondolava la mia culla,
non c'era alberello, cespuglietto,
che non fosse pieno di sogni.
Dove sbocciava un fiorellino,
sbocciavano anche loro
e tutto cantava e splendeva
per me ad ogni passo.
Non me ne fossi andato,
no per tutto il mondo!
Il mio desiderio, la mia nostalgia,
sta qui nei boschi e nei campi.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2008 by Amelia Maria Imbarrato, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Amelia Maria Imbarrato. We have no current contact information for the copyright-holder.
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2008-04-11.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:40
Line count: 12
Word count: 58