Language: German (Deutsch)
künden schon des Lenzes Triebe.
Deuten Mädchens erste Liebe.
Kleiner roter Vogel,
Flieg herab zur roten Rose!
Bursche geht zum ros'gen
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Rote Rosenknospen", alternate title: "Rothe Rosenknospen", op. 112 (Sechs Quartette für S., A., T. und B. mit Pianoforte) no. 4 (1891), published 1892 [SATB quartet and piano], from the collection Vier Zigeunerlieder, no. 2, Leipzig, Peters [
text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Red rosebuds herald the arrival of Spring", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Les boutons de roses rouges", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Rossi boccioli di rosa", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:24
Line count: 8
Word count: 27
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works