Language: German (Deutsch)
künden schon des Lenzes Triebe.
Deuten Mädchens erste Liebe.
Kleiner roter Vogel,
Flieg herab zur roten Rose!
Bursche geht zum ros'gen
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Rote Rosenknospen", alternate title: "Rothe Rosenknospen", op. 112 (Sechs Quartette für S., A., T. und B. mit Pianoforte) no. 4 (1891), published 1892 [SATB quartet and piano], from the collection Vier Zigeunerlieder, no. 2, Leipzig, Peters [
text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Red rosebuds herald the arrival of Spring", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Les boutons de roses rouges", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Rossi boccioli di rosa", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:24
Line count: 8
Word count: 27
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Rossi boccioli di rosa
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Rossi boccioli di rosa,
annunziano già la potenza della primavera.
Le guance color di rosa
annunciano il primo amore delle fanciulle.
Piccolo uccello rosso,
vola verso la rosa rossa!
Il giovane va e accarezza
la fanciulla che arrossisce.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2008 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2008-12-30.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:02
Line count: 8
Word count: 38