Mond verhüllt sein Angesicht
Language: German (Deutsch) after the Hungarian (Magyar)
Mond verhüllt sein Angesicht,
süßes Lieb, ich zürne dir nicht.
Wollt ich zürnend dich betrüben, sprich
wie könnt ich dich dann lieben?
Heiß für dich mein Herz entbrennt,
keine Zunge dir's bekennt.
Bald in Liebesrausch unsinnig,
bald wie Täubchen sanft und innig.
Translation(s): CAT DUT FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Ivo Zandhuis
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Nasconde la luna il suo volto", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2005-08-16.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:14
Line count: 8
Word count: 42
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Nasconde la luna il suo volto
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Nasconde la luna il suo volto,
mio dolce amore, non sono adirato con te.
Se volessi affliggerti con la mia ira, dimmi
Come potrei allora amarti davvero?
Arde il mio cuore soltanto per te,
di un sentimento che non posso confessarti a parole.
Già sono ebbro d'amore,
e come una colomba tenero e affettuoso.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2009 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2009-02-23.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:08
Line count: 8
Word count: 54