Schläft ein Lied in allen Dingen
Language: German (Deutsch)
Schläft ein Lied in allen Dingen,
Die da träumen fort und fort.
Und die Welt hebt an zu singen,
Triffst du nur das Zauberwort.
Translation(s): ENG ENG ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Linda Godry
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Wolfgang Fortner (1907 - 1987), "Schläft ein Lied in allen Dingen" [mixed chorus], from Sprüche von Joseph von Eichendorff, no. 7. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Fortner (1907 - 1987), "Wünschelrute", 1970/80 [voice and piano], from Lieder aus dem Nachlass, no. 9, Schott Music [ sung text not verified ]
- by Hermann Große-Schware (b. 1931), "Wünschelrute" [chorus] [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Ferdinand von Hiller (1811 - 1885), "Wünschelruthe", op. 165 (Acht Gesänge für S., A., T. und B. ohne Begleitung) no. 5, published 1874 [SATB chorus a cappella], Leipzig, Siegel [ sung text not verified ]
- by Thomas Schubert (b. 1961), "Wünschelrute" [medium voice and piano], from Schläft ein Lied in allen Dingen : Drei Eichendorff-Lieder für mittlere Stimme und Klavier, no. 3. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Rudi Spring (b. 1962), "Wünschelrute", op. 92 no. 7 (2013) [baritone and piano], from Wünschelrute. Liederzyklus für Bariton und Klavier, no. 7. [ sung text not verified ]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Rudi Spring (b. 1962), "Wunderspiegel", op. 92a (2014), first performed 2014. [mezzosoprano, horn and piano]
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in English, a translation by Bertram Kottmann , title 1: "Incantation", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission ITA by Gary Bachlund.
Other available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English [singable] (Walter A. Aue) , title 1: "Magic wand", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Dorme in ogni cosa un canto", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2008-06-04.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:43
Line count: 4
Word count: 24
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
Sleeps a song in things abounding
that keep dreaming to be heard:
Earth'es tunes will start resounding
if you find the magic word.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2010 by Walter A. Aue, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Walter A. Aue. Contact:
<waue (AT) dal (DOT) ca>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2010-03-26.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:37
Line count: 4
Word count: 23