Ich bin dein Baum, o Gärtner, dessen...
Language: German (Deutsch)
Ich bin dein Baum, o Gärtner, dessen Treue
Mich hält in Liebespfleg' und süßer Zucht,
Komm, daß ich in den Schoß dir dankbar streue
Die reife, dir allein gewachs'ne Frucht.
Ich bin dein Gärtner, o du Baum der Treue!
Auf and'res Glück fühl ich nicht Eifersucht,
Die holden Äste find ich stets aufs Neue
Geschmückt mit Frucht, wo ich gepflückt die Frucht.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA POR
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Margo Briessinck
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by (Karl) Georg Göhler (1874 - 1954), "Baum und Gärtner", 1930 [vocal duet with piano], from Drei Duette, no. 1. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "Duett", op. 101 no. 3 (1849), published 1852 [duet for mezzo-soprano and baritone with and piano (or alto and bass with piano)], from Minnespiel, no. 3, Leipzig, Whistling [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Duet 'Ik ben je boom'", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "A due", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Margarida Moreno) , "Sou a tua árvore, jardineiro", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:48
Line count: 8
Word count: 62
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Sono l'albero tuo, mio giardiniere fidato
che con dolcezza amorosa tu coltivi e curi,
vieni, ché in grembo voglio deporti grato
i frutti che porto, per te soltanto, maturi.
O mia fedele pianta, sono il tuo giardiniere!
Non invidio altra gioia, solo questa mi è cara,
l'incanto dei tuoi rami sempre nuovo mi appare
e, là dove l'ho raccolto, un altro frutto matura.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2011 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2011-09-10.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:34
Line count: 8
Word count: 63