Wild nights! -- Wild nights! Were I with thee, Wild nights should be Our luxury! Futile -- the [Wind]1 -- To a heart in port, -- Done with the Compass, -- Done with the Chart! Rowing in Eden -- Ah! the Sea! Might I but moor -- Tonight -- In thee!
Song Cycle by Peter Golub
?. Wild nights  [sung text not yet checked]
- by Emily Dickinson (1830 - 1886), no title, appears in Poems by Emily Dickinson, first published 1891 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
See other settings of this text.
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CHI Chinese (中文) (Mei Foong Ang) , copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Walter A. Aue) , "Sturmnacht! - Sturmnacht!", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Notti selvagge! Notti di tempesta!", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
1 note: sometimes "Winds". Hoiby, Leisner, Rusche, A. Thomas: "Winds"
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]