Author: Virgil Garnett Thomson (1896 - 1989)
[Also see this author's vocal compositions]
Texts set to music as art song or choral works [warning - not necessarily comprehensive]
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- Angel: O, lady, do not cry * (Stabat Mater)
- I don’t go around regretting things that don’t happen
- I look at you and I write down what I hear
- In Paris, you learn wit, in London you learn to
- I said to my friends that if I was going to starve
- Let your mind alone, and see what happens
- O, lady, do not cry * (Stabat Mater)
- Stabat Mater (Angel: O, lady, do not cry) *
- Try a thing you haven’t done three times
- You explain how it went, and as far as you
Last update: 2017-06-24 10:36:26