Une rose en fleur s’ouvrait . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- Singable translation by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832), "Heidenröslein", written 1771, first published 1772
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Niels Wilhelm Gade (1817 - 1890), "La petite rose des bruyères", op. 9 no. 6, published 1845 [vocal duet for 2 sopranos with piano], from Lieder im Volkston [first published as Neun Lieder im Volkston], no. 6, Leipzig, Breitkopf und Härtel, also set in German (Deutsch), also set in English
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Eleonore D'Esterre-Keeling (1856 - 1939) CAT CHI DUT FRE FRE HUN HUN ITA POL ; composed by Niels Wilhelm Gade.
- Also set in Polish (Polski), a translation by Józef Grajnert (1831 - 1910) CAT CHI DUT ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE HUN HUN ITA ; composed by Stanisław Moniuszko.
This page was added to the website: 2016-05-05