Non posso disperar, sei troppo cara al cor: il solo sperare d'aver a gioire m'è un dolce languire, m'è un caro dolor.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Giovanni Battista Bononcini (1670 - 1747), "Non posso disperar" [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Sergio de Luca (15?? - 16??), "Non posso disperar" [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Débora Letícia Batista) , "Não posso me desesperar!", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 6
Word count: 22