O leggiadri occhi belli, occhi miei cari, vivi raggi del ciel sereni e chiari, poichè tanto bramate di vedermi languire, di vedermi morire, occhi belli che adoro, mirate ch'io moro. O serene mie luci, o luci amate, tanto crude al mio amor quanto spietate, poichè tanto godete della fiamma ch'io sento del mio grave tormento deh miratemi un poco e gioite al mio foco.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , "O leggiadri occhi belli" [sung text checked 2 times]
- by Giovanni Stefani (d. 1626), "Occhi crudeli" [ voice and continuo or guitar ], from Affetti amorosi, no. 1, G. Ricordi Milano 1886 [sung text not yet checked]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Camilla Bugge) , "Oh graceful, lovely eyes", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "O anmutige schöne Augen", copyright © 2001, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Adam Taylor
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 18
Word count: 64