Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Amoretti che ascosi qui siete e volando d’intorno ferite, ah vi prego da me non venite, questo cor non venite a piagar.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Carlo Goldoni (1707 - 1793), appears in La finta semplice [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "Sweet, hidden Cupids", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2018-05-20
Line count: 4
Word count: 22
Sweet, hidden Cupids, who fly all about to shoot your arrows, pray do not come to me for the purpose of wounding my heart.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2018 by Andrew Schneider, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Carlo Goldoni (1707 - 1793), appears in La finta semplice
This text was added to the website: 2018-06-19
Line count: 4
Word count: 24