Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Che più bramar poss'io? Che più dal cielo aspetto? Andrò col mio diletto la pace ad incontrar. Del genitore al fine si placherà lo sdegno. Amor prenda l'impegno quest'alme a consolar.
- by Carlo Goldoni (1707 - 1793), appears in Il filosofo di campagna [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Baldassare Galuppi (1706 - 1785), "Che più bramar poss'io?", 1754, first performed 1754. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "What more could I desire?", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2018-05-31
Line count: 8
Word count: 31
What more could I desire? What more could I expect from heaven? I shall go off with my beloved in search of peace. At last, my father's rage shall be placated. May Love take up this pledge so that our souls may be consoled.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2018 by Andrew Schneider, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Carlo Goldoni (1707 - 1793), appears in Il filosofo di campagna
This text was added to the website: 2018-07-12
Line count: 8
Word count: 44