Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Su trombe guerriere. Tra bellici lampi allaghino i campi diluvi di schiere. Su trombe guerriere.
- by Giacomo Francesco Bussani (flourished 1673-1680) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Antonio Sartorio (1630 - 1680), "Su trombe guerriere", 1676, first performed 1676. [trumpet, soprano voice, continuo] [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "Warlike trumpets, sound forth!", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2018-07-28
Line count: 5
Word count: 15
Warlike trumpets, sound forth! Amidst bellicose lightning, let those camps be flooded with our hosts! Warlike trumpets, sound forth!
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2018 by Andrew Schneider, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Giacomo Francesco Bussani (flourished 1673-1680)
This text was added to the website: 2018-07-29
Line count: 5
Word count: 19