Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Caminito caminito tan parecido a mi pena cual si lo hubieran escrito Mis lágrimas en la arena Mísero pia en los cardos Un pajarillo invernal El frio eriza sus dardos como un cardo de cristal y el caminito persiste en la llanura serena Caminito largo y triste tan parecido a mi pena
- by Leopoldo Lugones Argüello (1874 - 1938) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Julián Aguirre (1868 - 1924), "Caminito" [ medium-high voice and piano ], from Canciones argentinas, no. 1, Gurina, Universidad Católica Argentina [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Joshua Ross) , "Little path", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Petit chemin", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2010-05-01
Line count: 12
Word count: 52
Little path, little path So much like my sorrow, As if it had been written By my tears in the sand. Wretched among the thistles Chirps a winter bird; The cold puts its feathers on end Like a thistle made of glass, And the little path continues Along the calm plains, Little path, long and sad, So much like my sorrow.
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to English copyright © 2019 by Joshua Ross, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2019-06-25
Line count: 12
Word count: 61