Selve amiche, ombrose piante, Fido albergo del mio core, Chiede a voi quest'alma amante Qualche pace al suo dolore.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Antonio Caldara (1670 - 1736), "Selve amiche, ombrose piante" [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by José Carlos do Amaral Vieira Filho (b. 1952), "Selve amiche, ombrose piante", op. 50c (1969) [voice and piano], harmonization of the Caldara song [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Pauline Kroger) , "Vriendelijke bossen", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Pauline Kroger) , "Friendly woods", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Freundliche Wälder, schattige Haine", copyright © 2001, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 19