Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Selve amiche, ombrose piante, Fido albergo del mio core, Chiede a voi quest'alma amante Qualche pace al suo dolore.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Antonio Caldara (1670 - 1736), "Selve amiche, ombrose piante" [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by José Carlos do Amaral Vieira Filho (b. 1952), "Selve amiche, ombrose piante", op. 50c (1969) [voice and piano], harmonization of the Caldara song [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Pauline Kroger) , "Vriendelijke bossen", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Pauline Kroger) , "Friendly woods", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Freundliche Wälder, schattige Haine", copyright © 2001, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 19
Freundliche Wälder, schattige Haine, treue Zuflucht meines Herzens, die liebende Seele erbittet etwas Frieden in ihrem Schmerz.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to German (Deutsch) copyright © 2001 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann.  Contact: BKottmann (AT) t-online.deIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
This text was added to the website: 2004-05-29
Line count: 4
Word count: 18