Chi vuol la zingarella Graziosa accorta e bella? Signori, eccola qua. Signori, eccola qua. Le donne sul balcone So bene indovinar. I giovani al cantone So meglio stuzzicar. A vecchi innamorati Scaldar fo le cervella.
- by Giuseppe Palomba (flourished 1769-1825) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Giovanni Paisiello (1741 - 1816), "Chi vuol la zingarella", R 1.79 (1789), first performed 1789, from the opera Gli zingari in fiera, no. 3. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , "Who desires the gipsy girl", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "Who desires the fair gypsy-maiden?", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Wer begehrt das Zigeunermädchen", copyright © 2001, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 10
Word count: 35