O Frühlingsabenddämmerung! O laues, lindes Weh'n, Ihr Blütenbäume, sprecht, was tut ihr so zusammensteh'n? Vertraut ihr das Geheimnis euch Von uns'rer Liebe süß? Was flüstert ihr ein ander zu Von uns'rer Liebe süß?
- by Karl August Candidus (1817 - 1872), "Geheimnis", appears in Vermischte Gedichte, first published 1869 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Geheimnis", op. 71 (Fünf Gesänge) no. 3 (1877), published 1877 [voice and piano], Berlin, Simrock [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Secret", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Secret", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Geheim", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 33