Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Giunse alfìn il momento Che godrò senza affanno In braccio all'idol mio. Timide cure, Uscite dal mio petto, A turbar non venite il mio diletto! Oh, come par che all'amoroso foco L'amenità del loco, La terra e il ciel risponda, Come la notte i furti miei seconda! Al desìo di chi t'adora, Vieni, vola, o mia speranza! Morirò, se indarno ancora Tu mi lasci sospirar. Le promesse, i giuramenti, Deh! rammenta, o mio tesoro! E i momenti di ristoro Che mi fece Amor sperar! Ah! ch'io mai più non resisto All'ardor che in sen m'accende! Chi d'amor gli affetti intende, Compatisca il mio penar.
- by Lorenzo Da Ponte (1749 - 1838) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Giunse alfin il momento... Al desìo di chi t'adora", K. 577 (1789). [soprano and orchestra] [text verified 1 time]
Set in a modified version by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Calvin Lin) , title 1: "Come, hurry, my beloved", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Le moment arrive enfin... Au désir de celle qui t'adore", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: John Versmoren
This text was added to the website: 2004-07-12
Line count: 21
Word count: 104
At last comes the moment When, without reserve, I can rejoice in my lover's arms. Timid scruples, Hence from my heart, And do not come to trouble my delight! Oh, how the spirit of this place, The earth and the sky, seem To echo the fire of love, How the night furthers my stealth! Come, hurry, my beloved, To the desires of the one who adores you! I shall die if you leave me Still to sigh in vain. The promises, and vows; (Of) those! Remember, my darling! And those moments of solace, Which love made me hope for! Ah, I can no longer resist The passion that is burning in my heart! Let those who understands the pains of love, Have sympathy with my suffering.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2008 by Calvin Lin, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Calvin Lin.  Contact: calvin (DOT) c (DOT) lin (AT) gmail (DOT) comIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
This text was added to the website: 2008-11-06
Line count: 21
Word count: 126