Carmina Chromatico, Quae audis modulata tenore, Haec sunt illa, quibus nostrae olim arcana salutis Bis senae intrepido, Cecinerunt ore Sibyllae.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author, from a medieval compilation of Jewish, Christian and pagan sources. [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Roland de Lassus (1532 - 1594), "Carmina Chromatico", published 1578, from Prophetiae Sibyllarum, no. 1. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (David Wyatt) , "Chromatic songs", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Prologue", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 5
Word count: 20