Thank you for visiting!
If you haven't already, please consider donating.
Visitor donations keep us online and growing!
Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Go, little book, and wish to all Flowers in the garden, meat in the hall, A bin of wine, a spice of wit, A house with lawns enclosing it, A living river by the door, A nightingale in the sycamore!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Robert Louis Stevenson (1850 - 1894), "Envoy", appears in Underwoods, first published 1887 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Vittorio Rieti (1898 - 1994), "Wishes", published 1965 [SATB chorus a cappella], from Three Choral Songs [text not verified]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Auguri", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2008-11-29
Line count: 6
Word count: 40
Vai, libriccino, a tutti augurante Un giardino fiorito e cibo abbondante, un fiasco di vino, di sale una presa, un prato verde tutto intorno alla casa, un fresco ruscello che passa lì accanto, e, presso il sicomoro, d'un usignolo il canto!
- Translation from English to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2008 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in English by Robert Louis Stevenson (1850 - 1894), "Envoy", appears in Underwoods, first published 1887
This text was added to the website: 2008-12-03
Line count: 6
Word count: 41